Where do you get off being so perfect? You think you’ve seen everything… and then you see you.
and here it is.
my 24 hour comic
took 22 hours. and then a little longer for some edits but. I’ve still got another hour till my 24 is officially up, and I’m definitely gonna be snoozing.
For having no planning except a selkie design and a rough concept of the girl, I think I did alright. I definitely pushed my self to try new things and, I’m happy about that. there are some things I’d like to tweak but… NOPE! IM DONE!
I also learned how much I can get done when I don’t distract myself so much. have to figure out how to rein that in haha.
also, if you’re curious about the title! fun fact time thanks to wikipedia (so it may or may not be true)
okay. sleep time.
CUTE AS HELL
I love selkies!! 8)
NEEKOLE LOOK- SELKIES!
AHHHH I FUCKING LOVE SELKIESSS! ;-;
I am a selk maiden, damnit! My soul belongs in the sea <3
Get To Know You: [2/5] pairings - Kenya + Stahma/Defiance
It was a new experience for me, opening myself up to a relationship outside my Liro, outside my family. It was … exhilarating.
quick colors before i go to work u w u it’s me and liam as sea lads inspired by this guy eeeee yep ok bYE ILL FINISH IT AFTER WORK
- 66,000,000 BC approx. - Vastra is one of the last Silurians to go into hibernation underground to escape the extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs (none of this ‘moon coming into orbit’ nonsense). At the time of hibernation, Vastra is a high-ranking military commander; she and her regiment take refuge in a hibernation cavern much closer to the surface, protecting the main population further down in the event of attack from other lifeforms before they awaken.
- January 1868 - Jenny Flint is born.
- June 1881 - Vastra is woken when tunnel diggers working on the extending of the London Underground breach the cavern she and her sisters were hibernating in. Vastra discovers her sisters are all dead and in retaliation, attacks. Most of the diggers flee, but she manages to take one hostage. The situation is diffused by the arrival of the Eighth Doctor, who placates Vastra and points out that her sisters’ hibernation chambers were damaged by the asteroid impact. He offers to take her with him, but she declines, opting to remain in this time. He does however briefly allow her into the TARDIS, revealing himself as a Time Lord and bestowing the Translation Matrix on her.
- October 1881 - After months of wandering the streets at night and feeding off of the homeless or recently deceased, Vastra seeks employment at a freak show, having grown tired of the disgusting conditions she has had to endure. She reasons that with her appearance being so horrific to humans, she might as well profit from it. However, she quickly realises her mistake, and spends the rest of the year being made to sit in a cage while people come to gawk at her while she is humiliated and made to ‘act scary’. Realising none of the money goes to her, she makes her escape.
- January 1882 - After her handiwork with the primitive human locks, Vastra decides taking the apes’ money directly is a better option, and becomes a bank robber. She quickly purchases lodgings above a gin shop, and from there she carries out successful theft of thousands of pounds, effectively setting her up for life.
- March 1883 - Jenny is employed as a junior maid at a wealthy family’s estate. She quickly develops feelings for a fellow maid, but does not understand how to process it.
- November 1883 - With Scotland Yard finally on her tail, Vastra comes across a young homeless girl. Hearing the police, the girl assumes Vastra is working for them, and promises she hasn’t seen anything. Vastra asks why the girl thinks she is with the police, and the girl says Vastra seems kind. For the first time since waking up, Vastra is genuinely touched, and leaves the girl the money she had on her.
- March 1884 - Having developed a fascination with the police’s work - and their ineptitude - Vastra keeps tabs on Scotland Yard’s investigations. She tracks down two criminals and leaves them tied up for the police, with a note attached that reads ‘No need to thank me. V.’
- December 1884 - After several more instances of doing the police’s work for them, Vastra’s whereabouts are discovered and the police raid her home. However, knowing they were coming, she had already vacated the building, leaving behind another note: ‘Too slow. V.’ As the police are leaving, Vastra approaches Chief Inspector Abberline. He makes to arrest her, but she quickly draws a sword. She says she will continue to aid the police, if he calls off the investigation into her. Before he can answer, she is gone. Vastra continues aiding the police, though only in cases that prove so difficult, Abberline is forced to begrudgingly accept Vastra’s help was necessary.
- February 1885 - Jenny is first fired from her job, then after several beatings from her father, runs away from home when her relationship with the other maid is discovered. Jenny knows the other girl didn’t understand what they were doing, so takes the full blame.
- March 1885 - Jenny finds work at a pub in a seedy area of London. Despite her circumstances, she can’t help but somewhat enjoy the freedom she now has, and has her first sexual relationship with another girl.
- October 1885 - For the first time, Chief Inspector Abberline calls on Vastra’s aid. Together they solve a case involving a corrupt politician attempting to instigate a war between two other countries. Vastra and Abberline reach an understanding, and he formally calls off the investigation into ‘V’.
- November 1885 - Jenny discovers the girl she had been seeing in bed with a man. Heartbroken, she later accidentally spills the drinks she was carrying down a member of the Tongs gang. Wanting to avoid a scene, the landlord fires her on the spot.
- December 1885 - Jenny is now reduced to selling matches on the streets, making barely enough for a single piece of bread for the week.
- December 1885 - The Tongs spot Jenny one night as she is returning to the shelter she’s been staying at. They corner her in an alleyway, but she is saved by the timely arrival of Vastra, before passing out from a head injury. The Doctor is on hand to heal Jenny’s wounds, but leaves before she wakes up. When she does, Vastra offers her a home and employment - she refuses to admit it, but she has grown desperately lonely.
- February 1886 - By this point, Jenny has already settled into her new job, putting the skills learnt as a maid to good use. Despite the issue originally being banned from conversation, Vastra eventually sits her down and explains exactly what she is, and tells her a little bit about her people. However, she remains silent on the issue of her work.
- July 1886 - With no other choice, Vastra reveals to Jenny the nature of her work and requests her assistance on a case. The events of this case would be witnessed by one Mr Arthur Conan Doyle.
- November 1886 - For the first time, Vastra and Jenny meet another Silurian - an old friend of Vastra’s who left her regiment shortly before their species went into hibernation. Having only recently awoken, and full of anger towards the humans and resentment of Vastra for working with them, she first attempts to frame Vastra for murder, then engineers a situation that forces her to choose between saving her or Jenny. When Vastra saves Jenny without a second’s hesitation, the Silurian disappears.
- January 1887 - The Silurian appears again, kidnapping Vastra and forcing Jenny to pass several ‘tests’ to reach her. During her taunting of Vastra, the Silurian realises her old commander has fallen in love with Jenny, and openly mocks Vastra for it. After Jenny saves her, she asks if it is true. When Vastra admits that it is, she is shocked to find Jenny reciprocates her feelings, and they begin a relationship.
- July 1887 - Vastra and Jenny carry out their first case abroad, investigating reports of mermaids in the rivers of Paris.
- November 1887 - ‘A Study in Scarlet’ is published, marking the first of many fictionalised accounts of Vastra and Jenny’s adventures.
- December 1887 - Jenny comes downstairs one night to find Vastra in conversation with a man in a long brown coat, calling himself John Smith. He looks rather unwell, but is cheerful, and apologises for keeping Vastra, who later simply describes him as an ‘old friend’.
- June 1888 - Events of ‘A Good Man Goes to War’
- June 1888 - River Song returns Vastra and Jenny to their own time, with Strax in tow. He rather quickly settles into his role of butler, but finds Victorian society - and human society in general - confusing and disturbing.
- August 1889 - Vastra proposes to Jenny, who reveals she had in fact been preparing to do the exact same thing.
- January 1890 - Vastra and Jenny are married. The ceremony is attended by the Eleventh Doctor, Amy, Rory, River, Arthur Conan Doyle (who novelises the event as the marriage of John Watson and Mary Morstan), Chief Inspector Abberline, Joseph Merrick, and several other friends the couple have made over the years. Unbeknownst to them, the Twelfth Doctor and Clara Oswald also attend.
- December 1892 - Events of ‘The Snowmen’
- May 1893 - Events of ‘The Crimson Horror’ and ‘The Name of the Doctor’
- November 1893 - Vastra seemingly perishes whilst fighting the fellow Silurian from her old regiment, who would be better remembered as her fictional counterpart - Moriarty. Jenny offers to let Arthur Conan Doyle continue his stories, but he says he has no wish to disrespect Jenny’s late wife.
I want you to feel amazing, I want you to feel the way that I feel whenever I’m with you.